- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup Brussel Sprouts
- 1 acorn squash
- 4 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon Ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Begin by washing all ingredients. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the acorn squash in half and remove seeds. Add olive oil and brush to coat.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and place face up on a baking tray. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Slice Brussel sprouts in half and toss in oil and garlic powder. Add to a baking sheet and back for 30 minutes.
- In a slow cooker, large stock pot, or Instapot, add all your quinoa and water. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and pat dry. Add to a bowl and toss with spices. Transfer to cooking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- When squash is fork tender and rice is cooked through, remove from heat and scoop out insides into a bowl.
- Plate by filling a bowl with cooked quinoa, squash, brussels and chickpeas. Top with cherries and parsley and serve warm.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.