- 2 tablespoons, olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and diced (smaller pieces than your onion/pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes (use the liquid too!)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Once oil is warmed, add your onion, bell pepper, and jalapenos. Sauté until all vegetables are tender and onions are starting to turn translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until it is browned.
- Add tomatoes, pumpkin, water, spices, and salt and stir.
- Add beans and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes and stir occasionally. If chili becomes too thick, add more water or part of another can of diced tomatoes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.