Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
- Air Fryer
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu drained & pressed for at least 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos for gluten & soy free
- 1 tablespoon low sodium vegetable broth or water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- After you've drained & pressed your tofu, place on a cutting board & slice into 1" cubes.
- Mix low sodium soy sauce & vegetable broth together in a small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, add all the dry ingredients & mix together (garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, nutritional yeast, black pepper, salt, & cornstarch).
- Place cubes in a medium sized bowl & toss with the soy sauce mixture (or you can put in a ziplock bag to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge for more flavor).
- Coat the tofu with the dry spices and toss well. It's ok if you have broken pieces – they'll end up super crispy & tasty!
- Place cubes in the basket of your air fryer (no need to spray with oil) in a single layer and leave a little space around each piece. (you may have to do separate batches depending on the size of your air fryer)
- Set your air fryer to 400°. Cook for 5 minutes, then use a spatula to flip them/shake basket and repeat 2-3 more times until desired crispness. 10-15 minutes total.
- Remove tofu & allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy as a snack, salad topper, or main dish! Serve plain or with sauce of choice. Great to dip in BBQ sauce!
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.