This delicious frittata is loaded with heart-healthy, omega-3 enriched eggs and a medley of colorful vegetables. Start cooking the vegetables on the stove and finish them up in the oven with the egg mixture. To serve, top with avocado slices, grape tomatoes and a touch of sriracha.
- 1/4 cup 1/2 inch pieces sweet potato
- 1/4 cup 1/2 inch pieces yellow sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 8 omega-3 enriched eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 avocado halved, seeded, peeled, thinly sliced
- 5 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- Sriracha Sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat an oven-going 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add sweet potato, sweet pepper and broccoli; cook and stir over medium 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, basil, thyme, salt and black pepper. Pour mixture over vegetables in skillet. Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on bottom and around edges. Using a spatula, lift egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Transfer skillet to oven; cook 5 minutes or until egg mixture is set. Remove from oven. Let stand 2 minutes. Top servings with avocado and tomatoes. Drizzle with sriracha.
Serving Size:1/4 frittata (3/4 cup)
219 calories; protein 13.9g; carbohydrates 7.7g; dietary fiber 3.3g; sugars 2.2g; fat 15g; saturated fat 3.9g; cholesterol 372mg; vitamin a iu 2112.2IU; vitamin c 25mg; folate 90.8mcg; calcium 70.7mg; iron 2.2mg; magnesium 30.2mg; potassium 455.8mg; sodium 226mg.
Exchanges:2 lean protein, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat