A delicious and heart healthy meal for any day of the week.
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes (with juice) or low sodium salsa
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 package tempeh, finely chopped
- 8 soft corn tortillas (4 inch diameter)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Add one (1) tablespoon of water to a skillet and sauté pepper strips and diced onion until soft.
- Then add diced tomatoes (with juice), cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and oregano.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chopped tempeh and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until the tempeh has absorbed some of the sauce.
- Serve over corn tortillas. Top with cilantro lime slaw or other toppings like jalapeno, low sodium hot sauce/salsa, lettuce, avocado slices (optional).
Chef’s Tip: Use a food processor to easily chop the tempeh. Be sure not to overmix.
This delicious frittata is loaded with heart-healthy, omega-3 enriched eggs and a medley of colorful vegetables. Start cooking the vegetables on the stove and finish them up in the oven with the egg mixture. To serve, top with avocado slices, grape tomatoes and a touch of sriracha.Check out this recipe