It can be hard to stick to a fitness routine during the holidays. Here are some tips to keep you healthy during a busy time typically filled with sweet treats.
- Stay hydrated and drink lots of water. There are large canteens and apps that can help remind you.
- Avoid skipping meals, especially breakfast. If you eat a balanced diet throughout the day, you won’t be so tempted to eat extra sweets.
- Be active – take a walk or simply move around your house or take the stairs.
- Get a good night’s rest and avoid stress
- Enjoy yourself and unleash your inner child. If you want treats, try smaller portions.
There you go – a few simple tips to keep you fit and having a great time with family and loved ones. Have a happy and safe holiday!
P.S. If you’re concerned about your health or staying healthy during the holidays, talk to your primary care physician. Don’t have primary care physician? Find one today .