- 2 cups red lentils (dal)
- 4 cups water
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 medium eggplant
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 4-6 baby potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons Sambar Spice Blend
- Wash and lay out all ingredients.
- Dice onions.
- Add 1 tablespoon spice blend with 2 teaspoons oil and onions to a pot.
- Dice carrots, eggplant and pepper. Add to pot when onions are translucent.
- Add dal and water and bring to a boil.
- Add remaining spices and salt to taste
- Cook 20-30 minutes until soft. Option to blend 1/2 for smoother texture.
- Serve warm.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.