Back or neck pain can be debilitating and interfere with your quality of life. Here are seven exercises to improve your standing posture and reduce pain:
- Walk three to five times per week for 15-60 minutes.
- Act like there is a string pulling the top of your head up, making you as tall as possible.
- Maintain a good forward curvature in your lower back.
- Find your lumbar neutral position by moving through flattening and arching your back and try to find the midpoint of the motion. Finding this midway position should decrease your pain in standing.
- Use a small box to put one foot up on and then switch every 5-10 minutes.
- Wear supportive and well-cushioned shoes or boots.
- Shift your weight from one foot to the other frequently.
Ready to take the next step?
Connect with one of our Spine Nurse Navigators today to discuss your spine and neck pain options.