- 1.5 cups of a wild rice and brown rice blend
- 1 carton of cremini mushrooms
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 medium celery stalks
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Begin by washing all ingredients. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the acorn squash in half and remove seeds. Brush the acorn squash with olive oil to coat.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the squash and place face up on a baking tray. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Mice garlic and dice onion. Set aside and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Dice celery and peppers and slice mushrooms. Set aside.
- Rinse rice and lentils. Set aside.
- In a slow cooker, large stock pot, or Instant Pot, add garlic, onion, celery, peppers, mushrooms, rice and lentils. Add in remaining seasonings. Mix well and cook for 2 hours (slow cooker), 1 hour (large stock pot), or 30 minutes (Instant Pot) respectively.
- When the acorn squash is fork tender and rice is cooked through, plate by filling the center of the squash with ¾ cup of the rice and vegetable mixture.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.