Crisp air, colorful leaves, plaid, soups and pumpkin spice are staples signifying a new season is upon us – Fall. Think of the new season as a fresh start to incorporating some healthier lifestyle tips. Try out some of these ideas for a fantastic fall:
- Pick-up some fresh fall produce like pumpkins, beets, sweet potatoes and squash and add them into a dish.
- Get your flu shot. This is the best way to prevent the flu.
- Take in mother nature by being more active and going for a run, hike or a bike ride.
- Scare off those Halloween candy cravings by lowering your sugar intake. Our tip is to buy only what you need and keep it out of sight in a cabinet.
- Give back and consider volunteering to support the local community.
At St. Joe’s, we want you to enjoy your healthiest autumn yet by incorporating some of these tips and connecting with your health care team. If you don’t have a provider, we can help you find one today. Find a St. Joe’s doctor here.