- 4 Collard Leaves
- 4 Carrots
- 4 Tomatoes
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1 – 16 ounce can of Chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha Sauce (optional)
- ½ tablespoon Cilantro (optional)
- Blanch** and drain the collard leaves and set to the side.
- Cut the carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers into thin strips and set to the side.
- Rough chop the cilantro for dipping sauce and set to the side.
- Dipping Sauce: Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, garlic powder, ginger powder, and sriracha into a small bowl and whisk well until you have a smooth consistency. Add cilantro, if desired.
- Chickpea Spread: In a blender, rough blend the chickpeas, olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- Pinwheel Assembly: Spread a collard leaf onto a flat surface and begin by layering in the precut vegetables (carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers) followed by the chickpea spread. Roll the collard leaf keeping all ingredients tucked inside and slice the sandwich into 2 inch portions.
- Serve the pinwheels with the peanut dipping sauce – enjoy!
** Blanching is the process of submerging the food into boiling water for a short period of time and immediately transferring the food from the boiling hot water into a bowl with ice water.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.