- 1.5 cups chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup chopped egg plant
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 – 16 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 – 13 ounce can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons cilantro (optional)
- 1 lime (optional)
- Wash and lay out all ingredients.
- Dice the garlic and set on the cutting board for 10 minutes.
- Dice the bell pepper and eggplant into 1 inch cubes.
- Slice the cabbage into 1 inch pieces.
- Add all the vegetables to the pot and sauté in a bit of broth.
- Add the chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Finally, add the coconut milk and broth with the curry paste.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice or soba noodles.
Chef’s Tip: Add a lime wedge and cilantro as a garnish when serving to help brighten the dish. Other garnish options include ginger and lemongrass.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.