- 1 ripe to over-ripe banana
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- ½ cup walnuts or selected nuts
- ½ cup chopped fruit of choice (pear, apple, berries)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie tray.
- In a small bowl add 2 tablespoons of ground flax and 6 tablespoons of water. Stir and let the mixture rest for 2-3 minutes until it combines and begins to gel and form a flax egg.
- Chop the fruit into small ½ inch pieces or likely mash.
- Chop the walnuts or nuts into crushed pieces.
- In a mixing bowl mash the peeled banana. Add in the “flax egg” mixture and the rolls oats.
- Add in spices, walnuts, and chopped fruit. Sir until combined. Add water as needed to form a sticky mixture.
- Spoon out 2 tablespoon sized dollops onto cookie tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.