- 1 package of corn tortillas
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- Wash and lay out all ingredients. For this recipe you will need a cutting board, chef’s knife, measuring spoons, frying pan.
- Start by cutting sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Chop onion into 1 inch pieces as well.
- Add to a sauce pan with ¼ cup of water and steam. Adding water as needed. When potatoes fork tender add rinsed black beans and spices.
- Sautee for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas and top with sweet potato mixture and toppings of choice.
Chef’s tip: Make a double batch and freeze sweet potato filling for 3-6 months. Thaw for a quick mid-week recipe.
Nutrition Tip: Sweet potatoes and their rich orange color make them a great source of vitamin A which is a powerful anti-oxidant.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.