- 1 package whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small yellow onion
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano, dried
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Start by laying out, washing, and measuring all ingredients. Cooking utensils include two soup pots, a cutting board, a chef’s knife, a can opener, and a spatula.
- Begin by filling up one soup pot with water and salting the water heavily. Bring to a boil.
- Next mince the garlic and onions and add to a pan with oil or dice tomato juices. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the dice and sauced tomatoes, capers, oregano and chopped parsley.
- Stir and simmer sauce for 15-20min.
- Add noodles to boiling water and cooked until al-dente according to package instructions.
- Finish noodles in sauce by draining pasta water and adding to sauce pan.
- Serve with more parsley, parmesan, or nut cheese.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.