- 3-4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Juice 1 lime
- Begin by washing and laying out all ingredients. For this recipe you will need a cutting board, chef’s knife, fork or spoon, and serving bowl.
- Begin by mincing garlic and onion. Let sit on cutting board for 10-15 minutes.
- While waiting, chop tomatoes cilantro, and jalapenos.
- Add all to a bowl and add salt and lime to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Chef’s tip: If you are buying tomatoes that are too firm, substitute for cherry tomatoes for a fresher, year round taste.
Nutrition Tip: Jalapenos and other spicy peppers contain a phytonutrient that helps reduce inflammation.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.