- 2 avocados, ripe
- ½ tomato, chopped
- ¼ red onion, minced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 jalapenos, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Begin by washing and laying out all ingredients. For this recipe you will need a cutting board, chef’s knife, fork or spoon, and serving bowl.
- Begin by mincing garlic and onion. Let sit on cutting board for 10-15 minutes.
- While waiting, chop tomatoes cilantro, and jalapenos.
- Add all to a bowl along with peeled and pitted avocado half’s.
- Mash everything and add salt and lime to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Chef’s Tip: Save the pits and place on the top of your guacamole to help prevent browning if you are making it ahead of time.
Nutrition Tip: Avocados are rich in fiber and monounsaturated fats making them a great food to help with weight control and fullness.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.