- 1 cup chopped Miso Marinated Tofu
- 1 tablespoon seaweed flakes or chopped seaweed
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- 1 cup forbidden or black rice
- ½ cup Pickled Cucumber – rice wine vinegar, red pepper flakes
- ½ cup broccoli
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- Wash and lay out all ingredients.
- Place 1 cup of rice in a bowl and cover with water to soak for 5-10 minutes. Drain.
- Add rice to a pot with 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Chop broccoli florets and add to a pot to steam for 3 minutes. Remove from heat just before serving.
- Add ½ cup rice to a bowl. Add tofu, cucumber, and broccoli. Top with seaweed and sesame seeds and juice of ½ lime.
Chef’s tips: Substitute any vegetable of your choosing for the broccoli like bell peppers, yellow beets, bok choi, or cabbage.
Nutrition Tip: Forbidden or black rice comes in a deep purple color which is high in a nutrient called anthocyanins that helps reduce inflammation.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.