As we look to celebrate the many accomplishments of our friends and loved ones, we often celebrate with meals shared. If you are looking for a healthy recipe that is delicious and COVID-19 friendly, look no further. Our Avocado Caprese Skewers are a quick and easy recipe that everyone will love. When attending a group event, please remember to socially distance, wear a mask, and wash your hands.
Makes 12-15 Skewers
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 pint carton of red cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar glaze
- 12-15 toothpicks
- Wash and lay out all ingredients.
- Slice avocado in half and remove the pit. Place face down and peel off the outside layer. Cut into one inch cubes.
- Layer the cherry tomato, basil leaf, and avocado onto the toothpick. Place 2-3 in a small serving dish such as a ramekin or plastic cup.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with fresh ground pepper.
- Keep chilled until serving.
Chef’s tip: If you’re waiting to serve, toss the avocado in lemon juice to prevent browning.
Nutrition tip: Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats that help protect our heart health.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.