- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. chili flakes
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. grated garlic
- 4 hamburger buns, whole wheat
- Wash and lay out all ingredients.
- In a bowl or plastic bag combine vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, ginger and chilis. Add mushroom caps whole and marinate for at least 20-minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from marinade and place on lined baking sheet. Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, rotating halfway through cooking.
- Top onto bun with favorite toppings and enjoy.
Chef tip: You can also grill on the top rack or pan fry the mushroom caps until fork soft for versatile cooking.
Nutrition tip: Mushrooms are rich in a fiber called beta-glucan that helps keep blood sugar stable which supports weight loss.