- 4 Portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons grated garlic
- 4 hamburger buns, whole wheat
- Wash and lay out all ingredients.
- In a bowl or plastic bag combine vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, ginger and chilis. Add mushroom caps whole and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from marinade and place on lined baking sheet. Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, rotating halfway through cooking.
- Top onto bun with favorite toppings and enjoy.
Chef’s tip: You can also grill on the top rack or pan fry the mushroom caps until fork soft for versatile cooking.
Nutrition tip: Mushrooms are rich in a fiber called beta-glucan that helps keep blood sugar stable which supports weight loss.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.