- 2 cups chickpea or lentil pasta
- ½ cup diced vegetables of choice
- 1 cup mixed greens
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Start by laying out all ingredients.
- Bring pot of water to a boil and make pasta according to package instructions. Strain and set aside to cool.
- Chop vegetables and nuts.
- Add all vegetables to a bowl with greens and cooled pasta.
- Make the dressing by combining lemon, Dijon mustard and oil in a dish.
- Top salad with dressing and place in container to store up to three days.
Chef tip: Using heartier greens like arugula, spinach or kale will keep the greens from wilting under the dressing.
Nutrition fact: Legume based pastas are a good source of plant-based protein and fiber that help stabilize blood sugar over time.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.