Recipe by Alexandra Babcock, MPH, RDN, DipACLM
- 2 cups chickpea or lentil pasta
- ½ cup diced vegetables of choice
- 1 cup mixed greens
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Start by laying out all ingredients.
- Bring pot of water to a boil and make pasta according to package instructions. Strain and set aside to cool.
- Chop vegetables and nuts.
- Add all vegetables to a bowl with greens and cooled pasta.
- Make the dressing by combining lemon, Dijon mustard and oil in a dish.
- Top salad with dressing and place in container to store up to three days.
Chef tip: Using heartier greens like arugula, spinach or kale will keep the greens from wilting under the dressing.
Nutrition fact: Legume based pastas are a good source of plant-based protein and fiber that help stabilize blood sugar over time.