Recipe by Alexandra Babcock, MPH, RDN, DipACLM
- 1 – 16 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 tbsp. pesto
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup spring mix or baby greens
- 2 slices of red onion
- 2 whole grain wraps
- Lay out and wash all ingredients.
- Slice onion and cherry tomatoes in half. Set aside.
- Combine beans and pesto in a bowl and mash until combined. The beans will take on a light green color.
- Lay out wrap. Layer ½ bean mixture in the middle of the wrap, saving some of the edge to act as a binder to close.
- Layer in veggies on top of the bean mixture.
- Roll together and secure with remaining bean mixture.
- Serve immediately or enjoy later.
Chef tip: If using whole tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes, remove the seeds to help keep your wrap from getting soggy in your lunch.
Nutrition fact: Check your ingredients label for whole wheat or whole grain flour as the first ingredient to ensure you are purchasing a high fiber product.