- 1, 16 ounce can Pinto Beans
- 1, 16 ounce can Chickpeas
- 1, 16 ounce can Kidney Beans
- 1, 16 ounce can Canned Tomatoes
- 1 medium Zucchini or Squash
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- Lay out and wash all ingredients.
- Dice onion and chop zucchini into bite sized pieces. Add to soup pot.
- Add 2 Tbsp of water to begin to steam veggies.
- Add in spices and salt to taste.
- Rinse all canned beans and add to pot with canned tomatoes.
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice or with a whole-wheat bun.
Chef tip: This chili freezes well for up to 6 months in well-sealed containers.
Fun fact: Beans are an excellent source of plant-based protein with 6-7 grams per serving and are rich in fiber to promote digestion and lower cholesterol.
Ready to take the next step?
Our Lifestyle Medicine team is here to support you on your journey to better health. Connect with one of our Board-Certified Lifestyle Medicine Specialists today.