Recipe by Alexandra Babcock, MPH, RDN, DipACLM
- 1 gala or honey crisp apple
- 1 fennel bulb, large
- ¼ cup pistachios, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by washing all ingredients.
- Cube the apple and remove the core. Then slice into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
- Thinly slice the fennel bulb by cutting in half and then making half-moon slices.
- Add the apple and fennel to a dish. Reserve the fennel fronds (leafy tops) for topping.
- Crush pistachios and add to the dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients into a bowl to make the dressing. Top and stir over the dish.
- Serve immediately.
Chef tip: Add all salad dressings to a jar with a lid and shake to combine for easy assembly. Store in the jar for up to a week in the fridge.