By Alexandra Babcock, MPH, RDN
Enjoy these light, healthy and tasty recipes brought to you by the Lifestyle Medicine Team!
Makes 4 servings
1-16oz can Cannellini or Navy Beans
2 medium stalks celery
1 red bell pepper
½ fennel root
¼ cup fennel fronds
½ cup olive oil
1/3 cup white wine vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Pepper to taste
- Lay out cutting board, knife, can opener, strainer, large serving bowl, small mixing bowl or jar, and spoon Wash all vegetables.
- Open can of beans and rinse with water in the strainer until the water runs clear. Set aside.
- Trim ends of celery. Slice celery length wise and dice into ½ inch pieces. Remove center of bell pepper and dice into the same sized pieces.
- Remove end of frond of fennel root. Cut length-wise and save half. Lay cut side down and slice thin horizontally.
- Chop fronds coarsely.
- Add all ingredients to serving bowl and toss.
- Make dressing by adding dressing ingredients into small mixing bowl. Stir or shake to combine.
- Toss over salad and mix. Serve immediately or place into smaller containers and refrigerate for up to 5 days.