St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor is pleased to host the free See, Test & Treat screening and community health education program on Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Women’s Health Center. See flier or visit www.stjoesannarbor.org/see-test-treat for more information. Call 734-712-7881 to register.
Free Cancer Screenings and Community Health Education
Women ages 21 to 64 who are uninsured and low-income are invited to receive free cervical and breast cancer screenings.
Opportunity to receive FREE:
- Cervical cancer screenings (Pap test), ages 21-64
- HPV test
- Breast exam
- Mammogram, ages 40-64
Other FREE programs and services:
- Health education lectures
- Healthy nutrition information
- Health insurance eligibility screening
- Exercise tips
- Community resources
- Limited children’s activities
See, Test & Treat is possible through a grant provided by The CAP Foundation, which supports free cervical and breast cancer screening, with same-day results, to women in need. Volunteer pathologists partner with a clinical care team, provide screening and results to women. Additionally, attendees and their families receive health-focused education.
- Reduce barriers to cervical and breast cancer screening
- Increase the number of women receiving these screenings and needed follow-up care
- Further early detection and treatment of cervical and breast cancers
- Decrease anxiety related to test results and potential next steps
For more information, visit foundation.cap.org.
One thought on “See Test & Treat – April 22, 2017”
Do you know if the St. Joseph Hospital in Brighton is going to offer an event like this, and if so what the date of it will be? Thanks so much!